Those with information about serious crimes against the federal government committed by companies or individuals may be eligible to receive a substantial financial award from U.S. authorities. At JTB Law Group, LLC, our whistleblower lawyer in Jersey City, NJ represents individuals who wish to come forward with information that enables a federal agency to recover monies. Specifically, the information must be in regards to individuals or companies that have committed fraud against the government. There are laws in place that designate a percentage of the recovered money for those who provide actionable information about wrongdoing. A whistleblower lawyer in Jersey City, NJ from our firm can help you take the necessary steps to seek compensation. We can also protect your rights in the process.
In the last three decades, the U.S. government has paid whistleblowers hundreds of millions of dollars. You may be eligible to receive up to $100 million. Contact us at JTB Law Group, LLC and request a free consultation with our whistleblower lawyer in Jersey City, NJ to learn if your information may qualify for a financial award.
There are four types of whistleblower awards for which your information about corporate or individual fraud against the government may fall under, and those are:
- The Internal Revenue Service Whistleblower Reward Program: this is a tax fraud program that Congress enacted in 2006. If you have information regarding tax underpayments by individuals or companies, you could collect a substantial reward. If the case exceeds $2 million, the award could be as much as 15-30% of the total amount collected by the government.
- The False Claims Act Reward Program: this program focuses on anyone who has defrauded the U.S. government.
- The Securities Whistleblower Reward Program: this program is for whistleblowers who provide information to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) about companies that have violated one or more SEC laws. It’s also for reporting a company that has bribed a foreign official and violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- The Commodity Exchange Act Whistleblower Reward Program: this program is administered by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. If you report a violation of a law that regulates commodities options, swaps, or futures, you may be eligible for a reward with the assistance of a whistleblower lawyer in Jersey City, NJ. Gas, oil, agricultural products, foreign currency, and anything else that is traded on the global market are included in this category.
Whistleblower Reward Amounts
After a careful review of the information that you wish to provide, our whistleblower lawyer in Jersey City, NJ from JTB Law Group, LLC can determine an approximation of how much of a reward you might earn. Several variables will affect the amount; the quality of information you provide is one factor. Ultimately, the amount of the reward you might receive will be a percentage of how much the government recovers from the wrongdoer(s).
- FCA and IRS tax programs may result in a reward of 15-30% of the amount recovered.
- SEC and FCPA tax programs may result in a reward of 10-30% of the amount recovered.
- A whistleblower will receive a minimum of 10% of the amount recovered.
- A whistleblower will receive a maximum of 30% of the amount recovered.
If you have information about a company or an individual who has violated federal laws, contact us to learn more about various whistleblower programs. At JTB Law Group, LLC, we provide a free consultation with a whistleblower lawyer Jersey City, NJ residents turn to for answers.